Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mexican Food in China

Mexican food in China is very hard to find, pretty much non-existant. If you do happen to find it, it is very expensive, or not even real Mexican food. One place called "Taco" is said to be Chinese Mexican Fusion Cuisine, which is just fried rice in a shell and called a taco. It is disappointing to say the least, especially when my Californian diet is nothing but Mexican food, and I have been stripped of that food staple for over eight months. It brings me much pain. BUT tonight my friends and I were determined to get our Mexican fix. It has taken a little while of searching, but we finally tracked down all the ingredients needed to make our own Mexican at home. HOORAY!!! Not only that, but at a foreign food import store where we got the refried beans and cheese (both items are very hard to find in China. Avocados are also very hard to come by in China, but we managed to find them) I also found a bottle of wine from Paso Robles, just an hour north of my hometown on the Central Coast of good ole' CA. The smile on my face will not be coming off any time soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment