Monday, July 11, 2011

Taiwan National Soccer Team

Chinese Taipei National Team is the name given to Taiwan by FIFA. Last Sunday July 3rd, they played here in Taipei, in my backyard, against Malaysia, trying to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, won 3-2....... and I missed it. I missed the damn match. I didn't even know that the match happened until today. That is how unpopular the beautiful game is here. No one talked about the up coming game, there were absolutely no advertisements around town, you either knew that the match was going to happen, or you didn't... I didn't.  And I don't remember completely, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have a lot going on that sunday afternoon. I am currently still stewing in my own tears at the thought of missing this match.
Gosh Darn It! A million times Gosh Darn It!

No comments:

Post a Comment